French Broad River Partnership 2019 Annual Meeting Agenda
11:00 a.m. – Brief welcome and logistics, acknowledge elected officials and sponsors, Garrett Artz, Gary Peeples)
11:10 a.m. – Presentation by Sierra Nevada about sustainability efforts, Leah Cooper
11:20 a.m. – “Get to Know Your Watershed” game, Jessica Whitmire
11:40 a.m. – Updates on work completed by: Steering Committee, Maria and Garrett; Water Quality, Mary Roderick; Outreach and Education, Andrea Leslie; Business and Recreation, Eric Romaniszyn and Jay Hawthorne
12:30 p.m. – Lunch and Networking 12:30 p.m.
River health and biodiversity
- 1:20 – Freshwater Mussels—Rachael Hoch, N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission
- 1:45 – Bats in the FBR Watershed–Katherine Etchison, N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission
- 2:10 – Nature, healthy watershed, and human health — Dr. Michael Weizman, M.D.
- 2:35 – Group discussion of observations, new knowledge, challenges and inspirations, where does FBRP go from here?
- 2:50 – Closing comments— Jim Stokely, Wilma Dykeman Legacy